Hardwood floor care
Hardwood floor carePosted In: 28 April, 2020
We highly recommend the use of either Bona or basic coatings hardwood floor cleaner. As as acceptable alternative, you can also use 1/4 cup of white vinegar to a gallon of water.
- Vacuum or sweep floors first.
- When using any solution to clean floors, mist onto the floor or the bottom of a microfiber mop. never leave puddles of water or any cleaning solution on your hardwood floors.
- Never use no-wax floor products on your hardwood floors! These and self-polishing acrylic waxes cause your floors to be slippery, dull quickly and make it impossible to refinishing your floors without removing the wax/cleaner.
- Never use wax on a polyurethane finish.
- Felt pads are recommended underneath to prevent scratches-Hey can be found at any big box stores.
- Area rugs are recommended in high-traffic area and entrance doors. This will help protect you floors. Caution: some floor discoloring will take place in areas with direct sunlight. Therefore, areas rugs should be moved occasionally, and windows facing the sun should have drapes/binds.
- Dog owners will need to keep their pets’ nails clipped. Floors are easily scratched. Unfortunately, there are no polyurethane finishes that will not scratch-especially with larger dogs.
- Moisture barrier pads or trivets/stands should be used under potted plants, even if they are in sealed or leak proof containers. Condensation can build up underneath these containers, causing damage to the floor.
- Avoid walking on you floors with cleats, or high heels. A women walking in high heels can exert an impact of 2,000 pound per square inch. This kind of impact can badly damage the floor surface.