Bathroom Painting & Wallpaper Installation
Looking to give your bathroom an updated look? Whether you’re interested in painting or installing new wallpaper, the professional contractors at Lang’s Painting can help you achieve the results you’re looking for.
When it comes to painting, there are a few things to keep in mind. For example, if you’re working with a small space, you’ll want to choose a light color palette to help make the room feel larger. On the other hand, if you have a large bathroom, you may want to go bold with your color choices. And don’t forget about trim! A fresh coat of paint on your baseboards and crown molding can really help freshen up the space.
As for wallpaper, there are many different patterns and styles to choose from. If you’re not sure where to start, a friendly member of our team can help guide you in the right direction.
Whether you decide to paint or install wallpaper (or both!), the team at Lang’s Painitng can help you achieve the bathroom of your dreams.
Residential & Commercial Bathroom Wallpaper Installation
Bathroom Style & Design Tips
Your choice of wall finish is just as important as your choice of shower curtain or rug when decorating your bathroom. Deciding whether to paint or wallpaper your bathroom can take time due to the many options available. Let’s explore everything you need to know about painting or wallpapering your bathroom, so you can make an informed decision that will result in a beautiful and functional space.
Painting Your Ann Arbor Bathroom
It is a great idea to paint your bathroom to give it a fresh new look. You should, however, keep a few things in mind before you begin. Consider the following bathroom painting tips:
- Choose the right paint: When choosing paint for your bathroom, you need to consider the high humidity levels and the possibility of moisture. Choosing paint for a bathroom that can withstand damp conditions is important. Look for paints that are moisture-resistant or designed specifically for bathrooms.
- Prep the walls: An effective paint job requires a proper preparation. Cleaning and drying the walls is a must before painting. Any peeling paint or wallpaper should be removed, and cracks or holes in the walls should be repaired. If mildew is present, be sure to clean it thoroughly before painting.
- Use the right tools: A quality paint job requires quality tools. Invest in a good set of brushes, rollers, and trays to ensure a smooth, even finish. Consider using a paint sprayer for hard-to-reach areas.
- Protect your fixtures: Remove any fixtures or hardware that may get in the way or get painted before painting. Protect the remaining fixtures from paint splatters by covering them with drop cloths or plastic sheeting.
- Apply primer: The paint will adhere better and last longer if you apply a primer before painting. This is especially important in bathrooms, where moisture and humidity can cause paint to peel and flake.
- Consider the color: When choosing a color for your bathroom, remember that darker colors can make a small bathroom feel even smaller. You can create the illusion of more space by using lighter, brighter colors. Depending on the color, certain stains or dirt may appear more easily than others.
- Ventilate: Proper ventilation is essential when painting a bathroom. Ensure all windows and doors are open, and use a fan to circulate air and speed up the drying process. This will also help prevent the buildup of harmful fumes and chemicals.
Wallpapering Your Bathroom
You can add texture, pattern, and color to your bathroom by wallpapering it. But, before you begin, there are a few things to remember. The following tips can help you wallpaper your bathroom:
- Choose the right wallpaper: Not all wallpaper is created equal, and some are more suitable for high-moisture areas like bathrooms. Look for vinyl-coated or vinyl wallpaper, which is more resistant to moisture and can be wiped clean easily.
- Prep the walls: Preparation is the key to successful wallpaper installation. Clean, dry, and remove any peeling paint, cracks, or holes from the walls. If mildew is present, clean it thoroughly before installing the wallpaper.
- Measure carefully: Measuring is crucial when it comes to wallpapering. Measure the height and width of your walls, and add a few extra inches to ensure you have enough wallpaper to work with. Also, carefully align the pattern when cutting and hanging the wallpaper.
- Use the right tools: The right tools will make wallpapering much easier. You’ll need a wallpaper smoothing tool, a sharp knife, a ruler or straight edge, and a wallpaper brush or roller.
- Apply adhesive correctly: Follow the instructions carefully on the wallpaper adhesive. Some adhesives require a soak time before hanging the wallpaper, while others can be hung immediately. Make sure the adhesive is applied evenly and not overapplied.
- Allow time to dry: After hanging the wallpaper, it’s important to allow it to dry completely before using the bathroom. Overnight or several hours can be required for this process. Be patient and resist the temptation to use the bathroom until the wallpaper is fully dry.
- Ventilate: Like painting, proper ventilation is essential when wallpapering a bathroom. The air will circulate faster, and the wallpaper will dry faster if the windows and doors are open. Keeping the area clean will also help prevent fumes and chemicals from building up.
Ready Update Your Bathroom?
Whether you choose to paint or wallpaper your bathroom, it’s important to consider the unique challenges of this space. From moisture and mildew to ventilation and surface preparation, there are several factors to remember for a successful and long-lasting finish. By following our tips to prepare and execute your project properly, you can achieve a beautiful and functional bathroom that reflects your personal style.
If you need advice or assistance with your bathroom update, contact Lang’s Painting! We provide quality service and workmanship. Our customers find our rates reasonable, our service timely, our staff friendly and our attention to detail superior.