Your bedroom is the first sight you, your family or your guests see when waking in the morning and it’s the last sight when going to bed. You want that experience to be soothing, comforting and relaxing so that individuals have a great start and end of their day.
Below are some of the bedrooms we’ve painted through the Ann Arbor community.
Bedroom Painting Project Gallery: Ann Arbor Homes
Choosing the Right Colors for Your Bedroom: Tips and Tricks
Are you tired of walking into your bedroom and feeling underwhelmed by the bland color scheme? Or perhaps you’re in the process of redecorating and finding it difficult to choose the perfect palette? As professional painting contractors, we have a lot of experience in color selection for bedroom walls. Here are our top tips and tricks for choosing the right colors for your bedroom. From calming neutrals to bold statement hues, we’ve got you covered. So let’s get started on creating a dreamy space that is uniquely yours!
The Psychology of Color in the Bedroom
The psychology of color is a complex and often misunderstood topic. However, there are some general principles that can be applied when choosing colors for your bedroom.
First and foremost, it is important to consider the overall mood you want to create in your bedroom. Do you want a space that is tranquil and calming? Or do you prefer a more energetic and invigorating atmosphere? The colors you choose should reflect the mood you want to achieve.
Another key factor to keep in mind is the size of your bedroom. Smaller bedrooms can often benefit from lighter, brighter colors to make the space feel more open and airy. Larger bedrooms may be better suited for darker, richer hues to create a cozy and inviting ambiance.
It is also important to take into account the existing furniture and décor in your bedroom when selecting paint colors. You don’t want to choose colors that clash with or overwhelm existing pieces. Instead, try to find colors that complement or enhance what you already have.
With these tips in mind, you’re well on your way to choosing the perfect colors for your bedroom!
Types of Paint for Bedrooms
There are a few different types of paint that can be used in bedrooms. The most popular type is latex paint, which is easy to apply and clean up. Oil-based paint is another option, but it can be difficult to work with and often requires a primer. Water-based paint is the best choice for those with allergies or sensitivity to chemicals, as it is low VOC and has little odor. For a more durable finish, consider using enamel paint.
Décor Tips and Tricks
Assuming you want tips for choosing colors for a bedroom:
1. Choose a color scheme. Pick out 2-4 colors that you love and would feel comfortable seeing every day. There are a few different ways to choose a color scheme. You could:
– Pick colors that are in the same family but have different levels of saturation (think light blue and navy blue).
– Create a monochromatic color scheme using various shades, tones, and tints of one color (think pale pink to hot pink).
– Opt for a complementary color scheme, which uses two colors directly opposite each other on the color wheel (like orange and green).
– Or use a triadic color scheme, which employs three colors equally spaced from each other on the color wheel (like yellow, purple, and red).
2. Use lighter colors for walls and ceiling. Lighter colors will make the room feel more open and airy. If you want to add some drama to the space, consider painting just one wall in a deep, rich hue while keeping the rest light.
3. Choose furniture in neutral colors. This will give you more flexibility when it comes to accessorizing and changing up your look in the future. Plus, neutrals can go with just about anything!
4. Add pops of color with accessories. Now is the time to have fun with pillows, throws, lamps, rugs, etc.
Alternatives to Painting Your Bedroom Walls
If you’re not into painting your walls, there are some alternative ways to add color to your bedroom. Wallpaper is one option, although it can be tricky to remove if you decide you don’t like it anymore. Decals are another option, although they may not be as stylish, or professional as wallpaper.
With this guide, you now have all the tools necessary to pick the perfect wall and room colors for your bedroom. From understanding how color shades impact a space to looking at different trends on what is popular in home decor, there are so many ways that you can make sure that your bedroom looks precisely as you want it to. So go ahead; take these tips and tricks and find the right colors for your interior design project and enjoy living in your dream bedroom!
Ready To Paint?
We provide quality service and workmanship. Our customers find our rates reasonable, our service timely, our staff friendly and our attention to detail superior.